Mentions "SemanticForce", "us", "we" or "our" all refer to SemanticForce.
SemanticForce is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit any of its websites or mobile sites, including semanticforce.net, including all subdomains, present and future (the "Website");
SemanticForce is a multilingual service for mass media and social media listening. We help our clients understand and manage their audience, analyze competition, semantics and frequency of related articles, posts and comments.
Personal information is any piece of information that relates to a living, identifiable human being. An identifiable human being is an individual that can be identified, directly or indirectly, be referenced to an identifier such as a name, contact details, an identification number, or other attributes specific to that person.
Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated in such a way that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
We collect 2 types of the personal information: User Data and Content.
User data ("User Data") includes personal information which you provide us, and which we collect from you and your devices in connection with your access to and use of our Services.
Account information. You may provide us with information in connection with the creation and management of your account for the Services, such as a name, location, number of the mobile phone, skype id, email address, and a password to create a SemanticForce account.
Other information. We can collect other personal information in case you provide it to us when you fill in any forms connected to SemanticForce, contact our customer support, respond to surveys or use other features of our Services.
When you use our Services, we collect your log data, geographic location, usage information, and cookies.
We automatically record information that your browser sends when you visit our Website. Such data may include your IP address, unique identifiers, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type, configuration and settings, your device information, the date and time of your use of the Services, language preferences, and other information.
Content which we collect includes only publicly available information from the sources such as articles, events, updates, profile's information, posts and comments on the specific company/product/user page, etc.
This information may include information which corresponds to an individual's search pattern, name, nickname, gender, age and/or location.
We use, store, and process User Data to provide, understand, improve and develop our Services, keep our Services safe and to comply with our legal obligations. More particularly, we use it to:
Identify our users
We use User Data to identify you when you log in to your account.
We use User Data in order to provide our Services to you:
- enabling your access to our Services
- allowing you to communicate with us
- contacting you about your account and providing customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions
- keeping you informed about our Services, features, new products, surveys, newsletters, offers or other information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us.
Improve and optimize our Services
We use User Data for:
- a better understanding of each user needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnosing problems, analyzing trends, performing analytics, conducting research and improving the features and usability of the Services, testing and troubleshooting new products and better marketing
- analyzing the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior
- creating aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving the usability of the Services
Keep our Services safe
We use User Data to verify accounts and activity, maintain the integrity of our Services, and to keep the Services safe and secure.
Our legal basis for collecting and using User Data will depend on the specific context in which we collect it. We will collect personal information from you where:
- we have your consent to do so
- where we need personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver our Services you have requested), or
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms)
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process User Data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you want to return, delete or correct your User Data, please email our team. Requests to access, correct, or remove your information will be handled within thirty (30) days and may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
SemanticForce users control how Content is generated, requested, submitted or published and processed on our Services. When you use our Services, you may view and analyze Content which will ultimately be published on the various Social Networks, mass media, blogs, forums, and other open sources. The Content that flows through our Services may include personal information of all types, including but not limited to the following categories:
- user-generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, videos, feeds or other information published on the Social Networks, forums, blogs, mass media or other open sources)
- contact details (such as name, email address, telephone number)
- additional individual information (such as age, gender, employer, profession, geographic location, education information, financial status, habits, and preferences etc.)
- information relating to an individual's real-time location
As the user, you are the data controller of your Content and we are the data processor for such Content. Where we process Content, we do so at your direction and on your behalf in accordance with the instructions you give us through the Services. We may, in limited circumstances process Content for the purposes of improving the Services and functionalities users ask for as part of their SemanticForce experience.
If you are using the Services by invitation of a SemanticForce customer, whether that customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Content, which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
You should be aware that SemanticForce can delete the information generated by you on your request within Services offered to you, but this Content still can be used by other SemanticForce users in case the Content will still be publicly available in open sources. Please note that SemanticForce will also not be able to delete Content within 3rd party Apps or Social Networks.
We retain your User Data for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, or enforcing our Terms.
We retain Content for as long as needed to provide the Services to you and other SemanticForce users. We retain and use this Content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the Terms.
Please note that certain personal information may need to be retained by SemanticForce for a period of time following the cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. Our specific retention periods for personal information are documented in our internal retention policies and any applicable retention schedules that we maintain as required by applicable law.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner, according to our data retention and deletion policies.
SemanticForce follows industry best practices to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the User Data and Content we collect, use, process and store, and the current state of technology.
When we receive or access data from various Social Networks, forums, blogs, mass media or other open sources, we do so within each web source's terms and conditions. We process collected Content at your and other users instruction.
If you want to opt out of marketing communications sent by SemanticForce, please contact us.
We may use User Data to customize advertising that we direct to you, utilizing third parties.
Schedule a live demo to learn more about how SemanticForce media and e-commerce intelligence can deliver value to your organization.